ADVICE NEEDED ON BUILDING A CUSTOM SMOKER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WhistlingHog

Original poster
May 19, 2020
Hi All,

I am new to smoking and looking to build a custom reverse flow smoker. Need your advice. I've just drawn up a sketch/plan of what I want and would like your feedback on it. Would also love to hear your suggestions and improvements. I'm looking to build it with 1/4 inch steel plates.

Really looking for your advice.

TIA!
WhistlingHog
Technical Drawing5.jpg

Welcome to SMF WhistlingHog, please drop by Roll Call and introduce yourself, tell us a bit more about yourself. Search is your friend here, most likely your question has been answered previously.

I recommend lowering your air intake #2 to at or slightly below the fire grate. This will direct air where it aids combustion the most. Also consider adding another air intake about 2/3's to 3/4 up in the firebox. This second intake does not add too much combustion air, but helps establish heat and smoke flow though the cook chamber.

Have fun!!!

RG

Reactions: daveomak
Yes, welcome aboard WhistleHog. Have a look around. We have a Reverse Flow sub-forum within the Smoker Builds forum I'll bet you'll enjoy browsing and posting your progress at.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky