Adding wifi to electric smoker build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Trev

Original poster
Apr 7, 2018
So several years ago I built a wood smoker using an electric heat elements and a PID controller. This setup has worked really really well however now that I have two young kids I find myself driving around and away from a smoker more and more making it more challenging to do long smokes without being there to be able to monitor the temperatures smoke Etc. I knew there had to be a better way so I delved into the world of Arduino and built a Wi-Fi PID smoker controller from scratch that communicates to an app called Blynk via the cloud. The mobile app has the ability to monitor to Cabinet temperatures to meat temperatures and the ability to adjust a set point up or down as well as graph all the data from the four temperature probes. Initial tuning of the PID looks very very good and with some additional tweaking it'll be as good as the store-bought PID controller.

Couple pictures of the controller and the after attached. The controller is currently off that's why there's no graph data available.

Attachments

• 20180311_133938.jpg
    20180311_133938.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20180407-221019_Blynk.jpg
    Screenshot_20180407-221019_Blynk.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 133
Trev,

I have everything here I need already as I was building irrigation control.

My MES30 dies so now I would like to test an arduino/Blynk setup as this is what I run for hydroponics now.

Would you be willing to share the code?

I could assist in improvements as well.

I plan on possibly adding a Fan and remote controlled Oven light.

I also want to write in some back up in case of overheating - ie shutoff.

Do you have an RTC witred in?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky