Adding the Second Temp Gauge OK Joe Smoker Opinions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tag0401

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 5, 2018
Elgin SC
I am pondering the idea of adding the second temp gauge to the Oklahoma Joe Highland. Since I use a probe thermometer I am kinda on the fence about spending 17 bucks on one. What's everyone's thoughts? Do you still use your dome readings or completely ignore them?

I ignore the bimetalic dome thermos in the two gassers.
Even though the digital probe in my smoker is within +/- 5 degrees of my IRF-4S at grate level, I ignore the smoker's probe temp reading too.
Save the money for beer or mo' meat.

Mo beer Mo heat. I like it!! I’ve been to Lowe’s three times and picked up the gauge and put it back. I will follow my gut and your advice and move on.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Heck, I'd add two more to give you three so you can mentally take a true majority vote if one appears an outlier.
Just make sure the probe on them don't stick so far in that they interfere with large pieces of meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky