Adding smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

derek712

Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Near Sioux City Iowa
For those of you seasoned uds smokers what is your method of adding wood chips/chunks to get a long smoke. I have used mine a few times and realy like it but without an access door to add smoking chunks i have to remove the lid and take the meat out to get to the fire box.Is this what you guys do or do you just throw in a bunch right away and leave it alone. Thanks

Line it up around the outer edge of the basket.  You only need a few chunks.  sometimes
I try to spiral it out from the center, so its like a slow smoking fuse of wood chunks.  Not sure if it does anything, but I've had smokey goodness coming out of the lid for 14 hrs. without messing around.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky