Added a new one

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

klutzyspuds

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Central WI
I have been wanting to add some capacity to my sausage making lineup. My MES was big enough to get small batches of sausage and snack sticks made in a day, but doing larger batches required all day, and some times even into the next day if it was a larger batch. So yes, I added a new smoker to my collection. I now have a vertical pellet to go along with my MES and my smoke hollow gas smokers. I hope this thing works as well as I hope.

D55628FB-8541-454B-9464-067D12A3E10D.jpeg

Looks real good, I haven’t jumped into the pellet smoker game yet. I really don’t have room for another smoker anyway!
Al

Nice looking addition to the family. Enjoy it.

Chris

Looking good ! Did you shoot those all out with a jerky canon? I have thought about doing that without the casings. Lot of loading the Canon though.

Looking good ! Did you shoot those all out with a jerky canon? I have thought about doing that without the casings. Lot of loading the Canon though.
No, I used my stuffer with a 19 mm stuffer tube. I set the rack on the counter and hold the sticks until they reach one end of the rack, and cut them to length as I go. Way easier than using casings and I like the taste better.

Here’s a shot of the finished sticks after I cut them into about four to five inch chunks. I packed them into 12-13 oz packs and sealed them up, and into the freezer.

3DF5B957-EC5E-491C-A4D1-4FED38F59B8D.jpeg

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky