Achiote Chicken with rice and re-fried beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I have wanted to make this for a long time but had no idea what it was called but lucked into a recipe a few days ago.

I started last night by marinating the 6.5 Lb chicken and sticking it in the fridge.

Then I started the Mexican style rice. I toasted it first in a bit of oil.

2023_rice_001.jpg

Then added the extras. After that 32 oz of chicken broth.

2023_rice_002.jpg

Let it simmer until the liquid was gone.

2023_rice_003.jpg

This afternoon I fired up the pit with Mesquite and once it was going I placed on the big bird.

2023_a_chicken_001.jpg

Once the fire got too cool I placed it in the oven until finished.

2023_a_chicken_002.jpg

It has a nice spice that runs right thru the meat. The skin turned out just right.

2023_a_chicken_003.jpg

Thanks for the replies and the likes. The good thing is there are lots of leftovers.

Just made myself a chicken sammich.

2023_a_chicken_004.jpg

And what do you do when you are still up at 1am and get hungry again? You get yourself a piece of PanDeSol and make yourself another sandwich. It needed a little chipotle mayo and some fresh pineapple to make it whole.

2023_a_chicken_005.jpg

2023_a_chicken_006.jpg

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky