ABTs with a kick

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roksmith

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2006
Southeastern Ohio
I was planning on makeing a couple dozen ABTs this weekend (my version is simply cream cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in a blanket of sausage), and was wondering if anyone had tried stuffing them with anything creative?
I was thinking of stuffing the jalapenos with french onion dip...

...anybody tried anything different in them?

I did a dozen ABT's weekend before last and stuffed them with some onion and chive cream cheese and stuck a stick of hot pepper jack cheese down through the center of the cream cheese. Best I've tried yet. Make sure you get a fresh pepper jack with some kick :twisted: .

Wow!! Now that's what I'm talking about just in case the jalapeno isn't enough kick for some folks. I like the way you think cajunsmoker. I should expect no less from a cajun!!

If you like things spicy, there is a sauce recipe in the sauces & marinade forum about a suace at Starnes Resteraunt in Paducah, ky. I made some last night and used it on leftover pork loin and it LIT ME UP. It probably didn't help that I put a jalapeno (seeds and all) in my coleslaw that I had on my sammich. :twisted:

Cajun,

I love a nice sauce. I did a search and then looked by eye. Could you point me to the thread please?

Thank you,

Brian

Brian, Here you go. . .

Paducah Ky Secret sauce
Aubrey Pageâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Version

3 TBSP Ketchup (Heinz)
4 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar (1/4 cup)
1 TBSP water
1 Tsp Black Pepper (fine ground)
¼ Tsp White pepper
½ Tsp Cayenne (red) pepper (or more to taste, locals will use 1 Tsp)
2 Tsp Tabasco or other red pepper sauce

All measures are level measurements.

Mix it in a small Tupperware container and shake to mix. Store at room temperature but if you are not going to use it for a while, refrigerate or just throw it away and make fresh next time. Some folks add a little sugar but I think this is closer to the Starnes recipe in taste. This sauce is hot but not as hot as some like it. Just add more cayenne if you want it hotter like at the restaurant. Enjoy!

Brian,

I'm sorry not to get back to you in time, I have been somewhat distracted at work this week. The thread Dutch posted is the recipe I was talking about. I am going to use the rest of mine on some chicken wings this weekend. Looks like a killer wing sauce.

Thanks for taking care of Biznis for me Dutch :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky