About to blow my Pit Boss up... it sucks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SteveOOO

Original poster
Sep 20, 2023
Yup it's dead. Was thinking about putting a hole new hopper system in it being mine dies monthly. Was looking at the pellet pro hopper.

Looking for your 2 cents before ordering it for 500.00

Or do I cut my losses and dump 1000.00 in another one with pid. Boy charcoal grills are better then this crap. Problems from day 1

If I replace it with a new one then witch one is the best bang around 1000.00 I want a ash clean if I replace it.

Reactions: JLeonard
3yrs of having mine and I've yet to have an issue. This reminds me I need to clean mine from the last brisket I made.

JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 , I'm starting to agree with you they all look to be built the same way now I no some have better part's then the others.... But A Money Pit They All Are!​

Well I think Will just Replace the the complete hopper assembly and trust there not filling me full of BS.​

(was told the Pellet Pro Hoppers are built with much higher quality parts then the Big box store pellet grills)​

Things that make me go HUMMM Webber Charcoal Grill? LOL

I bought one of those Lowes models. I had to change the PID (Savannah Stoker), so all in I guess I'm at about 750-800, I don't remember now. I won't buy another Pit Boss. I'd have gone Rec Teq and been done with it for another 3-400$

Just about everything else made is about the same quality as the Pit Boss. People like their Camp Chefs and their Grillaz and some even like Traegers, but I'm done with everything in this weight class.

From everything I see - Rec Teq is king of the pellets.

An RT 1250 was about 11-1200 when I put 800 into my Pit Boss. They are higher now, of course.

Reactions: dr rat and SteveOOO
I bought one of those Lowes models. I had to change the PID (Savannah Stoker), so all in I guess I'm at about 750-800, I don't remember now. I won't buy another Pit Boss. I'd have gone Rec Teq and been done with it for another 3-400$

Just about everything else made is about the same quality as the Pit Boss. People like their Camp Chefs and their Grillaz and some even like Traegers, but I'm done with everything in this weight class.

An RT 1250 was about 11-1200 when I put 800 into my Pit Boss. They are higher now, of course.
Hijack73, thank you man I'll take a look at that rec tec before I pull the final trigger tomorrow that's the one my wife wanted me to get to

RT's are very good and definitely above most. Now if you are interested in above that price point, there is MAK.

IMG_0405.jpg

Is this a Pit Boss? I can't tell.:emoji_laughing:

Just kidding everybody.

I have the RT 1250 it seems to run flawlessly. They had a 12 months same as cash with Afirm that I took advantage of. The only thing I don't care for is no ash clean-out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky