A Tri Tip for my Record Book!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What a disappointment - started slicing up the 2/3's of the Tri Tip that was left and it was 50% fat - terrible - total disappointment. Was looking forward to giving it to a friend for a sandwich and it went into the garbage can instead. Must have been one seriously obese steer... :emoji_rage:
That blows, sorry to hear that.

That does suck! But still gonna do one on the grill...cuz your pick looks amazing!

Ryan
I think I am going to start looking for Choice instead of Prime because Prime is starting to become an excuse to over-charge for fat. The internal fat on that thing was disgusting and lately the fat cap on them has been getting thicker and thicker - to make them weigh more - so the shareholders of the supermarket chain can continue to take money out of their fellow American consumer's wallets...

I think I am going to start looking for Choice instead of Prime because Prime is starting to become an excuse to over-charge for fat. The internal fat on that thing was disgusting and lately the fat cap on them has been getting thicker and thicker - to make them weigh more - so the shareholders of the supermarket chain can continue to take money out of their fellow American consumer's wallets...
I was bugging my butcher to get them with fat caps, but my second one with fat cap had the exact same issue, so I went back to asking for trimmed. Bummer. Be good for a broth though!

I should mention that while the Tri Tip disgusted me, the cheap Chinese slicer I bought a few weeks ago really did a nice job slicing that crap pile of fat into beautiful paper thin slices of garbage.

slicer.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Brokenhandle
I should mention that while the Tri Tip disgusted me, the cheap Chinese slicer I bought a few weeks ago really did a nice job slicing that crap pile of fat into beautiful paper thin slices of garbage.

View attachment 647672
Was hard to decide to give that a like or laugh! Glad you're happy with your slicer.

Ryan

Reactions: Retired Spook
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky