A Newbie from Orange County Ca..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

laderafun

Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
Hello all.

I am a newbie to smoking, I currently have a Traeger Texas grill. I have only cooked a few thigs so far.. I joined the group to learn and pick your brain.. I love to smoke on my days off and feed all my friends and family..

So far:

Baby back ribs... Nailed it after 4 attempts

Boston butt ........ Nailed it first time. (thanks You Tube)

Going to smoke a whole chicken to prepare myself for Thanksgiving Turkey! (start small)

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!!

Pat

Hi Pat! 
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

Welcome ! You have found a home. Never had anyone not help when I have asked for it. Lot's of knowledgeable folks around here. Good luck with your new found passion. Post lots of pix's!

Good idea , Pat. Do chicken till your ears are full , then do a Turkey. To practice on other meat , start with Fatties , Chucks ; then get real with a big ole Brisky-but "Patience is a secret". I mean real patience , Like Job...and keep your lid shut, it's not gonna run away
ROTF.gif

Wait , you're in California and close to L.A.
police2.gif

Happy smoking and...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky