A-Maze-N smoker in a Smokin Tex smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlrich

Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Will an A-Maze-N smoker work in a Smokin Tex smoker, I mean is there enough draft to keep the dust going?

Looked at the small drain hole in the bottom of the smoker and kind of wondering.

Thank you  JLRICH

Yes - I am one of the testers and have used it in  my ST 1400 with dust for both hot and cold smokes. There is an issue with the pellets not getting enough air and I am working on a solution for that. Hopefully I will have a solution to post soon  

Thank you Scarbelly for the quick response.

Yes - I am one of the testers and have used it in  my ST 1400 with dust for both hot and cold smokes. There is an issue with the pellets not getting enough air and I am working on a solution for that. Hopefully I will have a solution to post soon  
get a cheap fish tank pump and stick the hose in the drain for cold smoking

Been there done that did not work - just enlarged the drain hole and if that does not help will be drilling a hole in the side where I place the AMNPS to install a copper barb and hook it to a pump.

Thanks for the idea - Todd and I have been working on this for a long time  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky