A-MAZE-N Maze Smoker tray goes out but LIZZQ Pellet Smoker Tube stays lit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good air flow is important as are dry pellets but I also think people don't let them burn long enough or hot enough before blowing them out and letting it smoke..
I think I had that problem too ... last time I used the tray I gave it more time with the torch and burning and it worked better, but was using in the BGE with UltraQ forcing the airflow ... think I may still need airflow or placement improvements in the Pit Boss vertical.

And is it just me, or does that look like too much billowing smoke coming from the PIG?

I appreciate all your replies. I do sift the pellets to try and get all the dust out. I also microwave the pellets for a few minutes, stirring them every minute, before I put them in the tube or tray. Altitude is not a problem for me since I live in Louisville Ky. I'm probably putting the blow torch on them for over 5 minutes to get them started. In fact, the pellets get going so good that the flame on them is hard to put out. I am leaving the top vent wide open but I do put water in the pan to help keep the meat from drying out. I guess my problem boils down to cheap pellets with fillers.

Water in your pan could be a problem especially with a mes, really no need to add water there is enough moisture.

I stopped putting water in the pan a long time ago as well. I covered the water pan in aluminum foil, and use it as a heat sync. Helps to better distribute the heat. There's more than enough moisture inside the MES normally.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky