A great side dish called "BIG OL MESS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

countrysmoke

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Sandyville, West Virginia
I got this recipe out of a marlboro cook book, so some of you may have seen it. Every time I make it its a big hit.

* 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into chunks

* 3 jalapeno peppers, sliced

* 1 green bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks

* 1 sweet onion, peeled and cut into chunks

* 1/4 cup Tabasco sauce

* 10 ounces sweet and sour sauce

1. 1 Make an aluminum foil bag. Use 2 12" x 18" sheets of heavy-duty foil (or double regular foil) and, (after the ingredients are in the bottom half), crimp the top half on.

2. 2 Put the sausage, green pepper and onions in the bottom half of the foil bag.

3. 3 Mix the Tabasco up with the sweet and sour sauce and pour it over the sausage mix. Seal the foil bag with the top half. Make sure it is "leak-proof".

4. 4 Place on the grill (gas or charcoal) and cook for a total of 45 minutes, turning after each 15 minutes.

I've only made this 3 or 4 times on the grill, so next time I make it I think I'll just put it all

in a foil pan and smoke it on the WSM.

a478c5b2_picOv7Ide.jpg

Looks good! Can you buy sweet and sour sauce in a jar or something? I don't think I've ever seen that (or looked for it either).

Let us know how it turns out when you smoke it too.

icon_cool.gif

Now it sounds pretty darn good and I would recommend leaving the foil pouch open and then putting it into the smoker. I bet it would be really good that way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky