A Different Style Vacuum Sealer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 26, 2012
SE Arizona
This sealer has a reservoir to catch liquids. Made/sold by Vacupack.

My food saver has a channel that catches liquid. Not that it's all that big.

Nice looking unit.

Chris

I thought the removable reservoir between the pump and the sealing channel was a pretty nifty idea.

Thing about external vacuum sealers is not so much a reservoir to catch liquids, it's the inability to seal the bags when they're wet from the fluids being sucked out. Some of them don't heat the seal strip sufficiently to melt/seal the bag. And the vacuum keeps going, sucking more fluid out

The fellow selling these redesigned the heat strip so that it can seal through moisture. And he charges dearly for this machine - $700.00. He has a few other videos; one in particular where he seals rice or beans with this machine and a bag of same in another machine. Then he puts both in a chamber vac to illustrate that his machine achieves a better vacuum and seal. Or something like that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.