A couple of questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bear55

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 7, 2013
South Mississippi
The wife asked me to smoke a pork butt but rather than pull it she'd like it sliced.  I've never sliced one before and have no idea on the necessary internal temps.  Can anyone help me with the internal temp necessary to slice one?  My thoughts are about 1 inch slices or perhaps a bit smaller.  It makes sense the butt would have to really cool down before slicing but I am not sure.  Any help from you all is appreciated.

Thanks Richard

I have read and tried it both ways, that for pulled you want a IT of 205 and if you want sliced an IT of about 180 to 185 would be needed.  And in doing various pork roasts, I have gotten to both IT, and I can say those are about the correct temps to work with. 

Do Make the Wife happy and Smoke away!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky