A cook's dilemma...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

petehalsted

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
So I did my first mac & cheese a couple of weeks ago (https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...eese-and-corn-on-the-cob.271164/#post-1782035)

It's the basic Sweetie Pies recipe with a couple of adjustments for the smoker. It was WELL received. Everyone loved it, but let me tell you it was rich and heavy.

So I need to another batch for an event tomorrow, so as I was making my grocery list, low and behold there are 2 cans of condensed milk in the pantry. I know they were bought for the last batch, I never have condensed milk on hand.

So now I am stuck with following my accidental recipe or the Sweetie Pie's version.

I think I am going to split the difference and use 1 can. One of the things I like about the version I made was it wasn't running at all, you could server it as squares. I think 2 cans might thin it out to much and make it more like "every day mac and cheese"

So who else has accidentally created a great recipe, when you were just trying to follow the directions?

We used canned chilis in a recipe.. inadvertently used canned jalapenos one time... I needed burn salve in the morning..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky