• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

A.C. legg snack stick seasoning

njt124

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 14, 2016
One more silly question....do you all find it necessary to tie the ends of the casing or can I just leave them twisted? If you toe what do you use?

bkleinsmid

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 11, 2010
njt124........in my smoker I make my links about 36" long and hang them over a 5/8" dowel.....giving me about 18" on each side of the stick. I have been told that the meat won't slide out of the casings but I try them anyway using butcher or kitchen twine (cotton twine).

B~

njt124

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 14, 2016
So everything went well with the smoke went about 8.5 hours with dry time to start and smoke for 6 and 1 hour at 170 to get IT to ~155......only problem is they taste like kilbasa.....think my venison was already cut with some pork/fat from the butcher and I added 2lbs of pork shoulder to the 8 of venison I add. Maybe next time I will add no pork to try to capture more venison taste

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
So everything went well with the smoke went about 8.5 hours with dry time to start and smoke for 6 and 1 hour at 170 to get IT to ~155......only problem is they taste like kilbasa.....think my venison was already cut with some pork/fat from the butcher and I added 2lbs of pork shoulder to the 8 of venison I add. Maybe next time I will add no pork to try to capture more venison taste
Did you add garlic? Probably the culprit....

boykjo

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.