9lb Bone-In Prime Rib Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like a great job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
I merged the threads so the whole smoke would be together for all to see

Dammit, I was supposed to smoke one today but my wife persuaded me not to since the MIL had made ham, chicken and dumplings, and a whole mess of other food for 7 of us today. These pics just makes me more bummed I didn't do it anyways because that roast looks A1+! Nice!

You gota luv that MIL! If you can find a way to let her know how much you like her cooking she will return the kindness once you convince her to let you do the cooking! You on your own there.

Welcome!

I actually got mine out to foil/wrap @ 156*...probe peaked @ 162* from carry-over heat, if I remember right...it was dripping juices everywhere after dropping under 150* with about a 90 minute rest.

Eric

But you still have it! Don't you?
I found a blog where a guy tried different methods to get the "perfect" rib roast. Sear first cooked meat to deeply. No sear gave boring exterior. Slow cook followed by rest followed by 8-9 minutes in a 500* oven had minimal cookage from the outside, but a nice browned exterior. My uds went too slow, and I hadda relight it, then it went a bit higher than I was aiming, but still, 3 1/2 hours at around 270 for a 5# roast, and the sear after a 45 minute siesta. It's almost sacrilege to say, but I think it was better than Mom's. And she cooked one every week for decades. Not in a smoker, but...
I sure wish it'd been a big 'un!! That looks fantastic! And I'll second that cool old stove outside.I'd never cook on the crappy 40 year old piece in my kitchen if I had one of those.

What a great lookin' chunk of meat and a great Qview on how you did it. With your help I'll be able to whip one out and surprise everyone.
points.gif
for a job well done (actually med rare)...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky