.99/Pound Briset-Kroger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajunsmoke13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 7, 2008
Went to Kroger's today. Untrimmed Brisket on sale for .99/pound until next week. Picked up a 13.5 pounder and plan on throwing on the pit after my fantasy football draft tonight. Going to be a long night. Will post pics later, hopefully.

Great price!
Up north here, they get well over $3.00 a pound for packers cuts of brisket.

Kroger has them here, too, but Wally World is closer, so I'll comp the price there. If I'm lucky, WW will have choice packers!

Jack2u2,
I have seen that there before also, sometimes you can find the choice packers mixed in with the select. Babyback, I have never frozen a brisket, Thaw time must be pretty good. I should have loaded up today.

I have never seen a sale on briskets. Where do you find these deals? In store only?

I freeze briskets all the time. I have 4 untrimmed packers in the deep freeze now. I always buy several when they go on sale. Yep, the thaw time can be crazy. I usually pull mine out of the freezer in the morning and set it on the counter top until I get home from work. By that time it is usually about half thawed, then I put it in the fridge until the next morning.
If you pull it from the freezer and put it straight into the fridge to thaw, your looking at 3 days thaw time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky