55 gal drum electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

triggerguard

Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
hello everyone, im new to the forum and cooking in general. i was wondering what element could heat the inside of a 55 gal drum smoker i am constructing. is there any element that can obtain temperatures up to 250 to 280 and operates on 110 volts? any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure about a 55 gallon but I built a 30 gallon recently. Here's my post with all the info. Hope this helps. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/99211/sparky-the-uds#post_547705

And welcome to the SMF.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I have two drums that currently run on charcoal baskets but I recently salvaged the grill portion off of a foreman outdoor grill. I was thinking it may work and it has the temp control just like an electric skillet. I think I will give it a shot in the spring, maybe with an a-maze-n dust burner a few inchs above the grill.

Good Luck and Please keep us posted with what you end up with.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky