50% Coupon for Inkbird Waterproof Instant Read Thermometer-$12.50

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Code, please. Looks like a great item, and I'm not happy w/the speed of my current therm.

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
Hey Inkbird fans, Good morning! Thanks for all your supportings.
Inkbird would like to offer a 50% off code for the Waterproof instant read here!(U.S only)
Features:Fast responds in 3-5 seconds, recharged & backlight ,calibration & waterproof...
Join our comment if interested! I'll PM the code.
Good choice for family and friends
. Get it on!!
View attachment 453855
code me please!!

Arrived today. Love that it is chargeable and doesn't use batteries. Haven't had any time to check calibration or try it yet. It does look cool.

EDIT: Did a quick check for freezing (usual crushed ice and water slurry), and it read 32.7, so pretty close out of the box. I didn't run the calibration as I didn't have the instructions handy and it's not a completely simple process.

I did notice something odd. I charged it up full earlier today (battery showed full bars. Tonight when I turned it on it was down to three bars (four is full). Charging again to ensure I really get it full and will see if that recurs.

Time to temp (testing w/the ice slurry again), putting the probe in when it's reading 83 ambient, is about 10s for me. Only one test, it's late. Interested if others find it to have similar speed.

Last edited:
I find that it goes up quicker than down, I am a refrigeration tec and all of the instant read therms operate that way for whatever reason, I/m sure there is a answer but I just chalk it up as being part of the operation, I probe 6-10x per day or more working , I have only charged my first therm 1 time and its still reading 1 bar off of full, this is also after a year of kitchen duty, I suspect the new 1 will require more charging once I start using it while working. I have had 6-8 different therms for work and most of them had about the same speed on reading on fridges, they engineer the these to read heat faster than cold temps as its commonly used in cooking, thats not saying they are not accurate at cold temps they are but slower getting there. Leave 1 in the freezer over a few minutes will shut them down most of the time , not sure how many I have left over the years lol , more than I am willing to tell the wife about.

Reactions: Danabw
mike243 mike243 - Thanks for the info, makes sense that they'd prioritize reading higher temps, hadn't thought about that.

Tested w/my coffee today a couple of times and it was 4-5 seconds for the temp to settle. That was only going to 150 the first time, and 130 the second a little later in the morning.

Also it's showing full four bars now, so it just needed a little charging topping off to resolve that.

Very happy now.

mike243 mike243 - Thanks for the info, makes sense that they'd prioritize reading higher temps, hadn't thought about that.

Tested w/my coffee today a couple of times and it was 4-5 seconds for the temp to settle. That was only going to 150 the first time, and 130 the second a little later in the morning.

Also it's showing full four bars now, so it just needed a little charging topping off to resolve that.

Very happy now.
I've had one for about 5 months and only charged it when I took out of box. Still 3 bars left and I use it almost every day. Long battery life

Hey Inkbird fans, Good morning! Thanks for all your supportings.
Inkbird would like to offer a 50% off code for the Waterproof instant read here!(U.S only)
Features:Fast responds in 3-5 seconds, recharged & backlight ,calibration & waterproof...
Join our comment if interested! I'll PM the code.
Good choice for family and friends
. Get it on!!
View attachment 453855
Pm me please

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky