44" Smoke Hollow and the first Seasoning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

imsmokinjoe

Original poster
Aug 21, 2016
South Florida
Hey everyone, first timer here and I just got my 44" Smoke Hollow assembled and my high heat gaskets are setting. I need to season my smoker today and was wondering what everyones thoughts are about this. My book says to heat to 300 and season with wood for one hour. Ive read some other posts and nothing says to do this so simply. Most posts talk about spraying everything down with some vegetable oil and then they do a 2 to 3 hour smoke and that was my plan of action for today unless anyone would suggest differently. Should I ass some carcoal to my wood for seasoning?

Thanks for any input!

I would spray the inside with Pam & run it for a couple of hours at 300, with some wood. No need for charcoal.

You just want to burn off any oils from the manufacturing & season the metal with smoke.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky