4 1/2in casing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wyfly

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 20, 2020
I have a request from a family member to make elk salami in 4 1/2 in. casings. What would be the best way to stuff them. Ideas please.

Just use the largest horn you have for your stuffer. but maybe I'm missing what you're asking?

I made some sweet lebanon bologna last month in 4" collagen.
Like Dan said use the largest stuffing tube you have, stuff slow so the meat expands around the tube and into casing. If you have a hand plunger that will help with packing. also you may need to poke the casing if you have air pockets.

Also, make sure to clamp the casing to the stuffing tube with your hand. You want a good amount of extrusion pressure to eliminate air pockets in the sausage.

JC :emoji_cat:

Also, make sure to clamp the casing to the stuffing tube with your hand. You want a good amount of extrusion pressure to eliminate air pockets in the sausage.

JC :emoji_cat:
thanks for the replies guys.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky