304 SS grilling grate for Weber kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaxrmrjmr

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 21, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
I was looking to replace my grilling grate for my Weber kettle but all I could find is the coated metal grates instead of stainless steel ones. I guess Weber doesn't market the SS ones in the US any longer, only in Europe. Finally found a guy that makes them under the name of Killa Grilla. I am very happy with it so far. 1/4" 304 SS rods put a big, nice grill mark on your steak and the thing weighs probably 8-9 pounds if I had to guess. I just wanted to pass this along as an option if anyone else is looking for the same. They cost 2x as much a standard Weber replacement but I bet they will last 5-6 times as long.

I usually buy Weber grills used for $20-40 from someone who bought one for that 4th of July party but never used it again (Craigslist). I treat them terribly by leaving them out in the weather all year here in Florida, but they last 5-6 years with no problem except the grate. Now I have a grate that will probably last through 3-4 kettles.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky