$3000. Worth of Brisket Stolen From Austin BBQ Joint

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Twenty briskets stolen from La Barbecue in Austin, TX, $3000. value when ready for the customer.
Their menu shows brisket at $20. per lb, so that's 150lbs of brisket.

So.... Who in Southwest TX is throwing a big brisket cookout?

I dunno but there was some rude @$$h©√£ in HEB Bastrop yesterday that bought every pork butt HEB had - filled his basket up - elbowed his way to the case and everything just like Alec Baldwin would... Real p.o.s. with no consideration for anyone but himself. Obviously a restaurant owner or caterer.

Must be something going on somewhere - could explain the brisket robery?

America aint what it used to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
That's more like $500 worth of meat, not $3K . They'll get over it, maybe the thieves were starving, some folks are. RAY
Way, way, way off base there man, theft is theft.
Gonna vehemently disagree.
If you're starving there are charities and other services that will feed you a meal or give you food/groceries.
And a starving person generally steals to eat immediately, not resell, trade or have a BBQ.

Last edited:
I dunno but there was some rude @$$h©√£ in HEB Bastrop yesterday that bought every pork butt HEB had - filled his basket up - elbowed his way to the case and everything just like Alec Baldwin would... Real p.o.s. with no consideration for anyone but himself. Obviously a restaurant owner or caterer.

Must be something going on somewhere - could explain the brisket robery?

America aint what it used to be.
And, unfortunately, law abiding folks like us won't use a well placed elbow or round kick, maybe, to the sciatic nerve.

Pesky laws. I hate people like that.

Way, way, way off base there man, theft is theft.
Gonna vehemently disagree.
If you're starving there are charities and other services that will feed you or give you food.
And a starving person generally steals to eat immediately, not resell, trade or have a BBQ.
Sadly people are ok with theft nowadays........I'm sure they would feel different if their house was robbed and not some anonymous business

Saw this on arf earlier. That is a lot of brisket, I wonder if someone in the persons group will spill the beans.

And there are people that stand in line for it, for the experience...

Fortunately for me, I was raised different.

Same here.
There are better things to do than stand in line waiting and hoping to pay for over priced brisket.
The foodie hipsters ruined it for the rest of us and are the main reason why the price of brisket has skyrocketed the past few years.

Look at what Franklin BBQ charges for a pound of brisket.
Yeah, that's right, $34. per lb.
Well I was hoping to one day venture there for the experience, novelty, and food. Some things you just can't put a price on, but the costs do have their limits and at $34/lb., that's beyond my limit...

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky