2nd cook on LSG cabinet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ofelles

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 16, 2019
Brentwood CA
6th time running the LSG, 2 time with food (9-10# pork butts). This time making it for the strong back and weak mind that helped me move this beast to the back yard about a week ago.
I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. (I just jinxed myself I think) Instead of trying to get it up to temp (225-250F) within 30-45 minutes I started closing the valve and damper at 175F to 1/4 open. at 1 hour it was at 190 and slowly rising.
Opened the valve to 1/3, an 1/2 hour later it was 221F. Perfect. opened the valve a little bit and sat back. At 21/2 hours it was steady at 230F.
At 6 hours in the butt is at 166F and the cooker is 244F and holding. Water pan still mostly full and I'm happy!
From when I put the butt in this morning.
5-25-1.JPG

5-25.JPG

8 hours in and holding steady at 239F and butt is @ 175F. This is Therapy for sure, just sitting and watching. 101/2 hours the butt is at 190F. Raising he temp to finish, it’s 9:00pm.

5-25-2.JPG

At 11:00pm it’s out and resting it hit 203F IT. 12:00 it's pulled and in refrigerator, will vacuum seal tomorrow then go over to his house with a bag of deliciousness.

I just heard about LSG a couple weeks ago. They look pretty darn good! Got me thinking that I need to make room for another smoker.

As good as your butt looks, it had to taste good.
Yes very tasty indeed.
Lone Star Grillz make some very nice cookers. Offsets, offset cabinets, Insulated cabinets and they are coming out with a pellet grill also. First class workmanship and very easy to deal with out of Texas.

Yes very tasty indeed.
Lone Star Grillz make some very nice cookers. Offsets, offset cabinets, Insulated cabinets and they are coming out with a pellet grill also. First class workmanship and very easy to deal with out of Texas.

If it wasn't for the shipping to NC, it would be an easier decision.

I have a nephew in Midland, but I don't get down there, often. Certainly not often enough.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky