250 Gallon Offset with Folding Smoke Stack

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Stack is at grate level
According to stack should be a third of pit length ..I dont follow rules ..build mine as I see fit ..each pit is individual. Learn it ..use charcoal .. or real dry wood .. see what is likes .play with your stack I had a 3INCH stack on a 200 gallon tank ..worked well cooked at 200 steady.. removed it used two 4inchers .I can cook at 350/400 .. 4ft tall stacks works fine ..either way ...

How does it cook? Are you satisfied with the amount of smoke on the food? How tall is your smoke stack? I just purchased a 250 and I'm not getting the amount of smoke on my food I like. Barely any. I'm wondering if my stack is too short.

It cooks really well. The 8" pipe creates a ton of draw...too much in fact. I'm now baffling half the diameter during cooks where I want to keep the temp in the 240-275 range.

7" and 36" tall
My stack's base is 30" before the hinge. After the hinge, it's another 55". You could add the hinge assembly and add more length with the hopes of increasing the draw. Did you base your 36" from one of these smoker builder calculators?

My stack's base is 30" before the hinge. After the hinge, it's another 55". You could add the hinge assembly and add more length with the hopes of increasing the draw. Did you base your 36" from one of these smoker builder calculators?
I did not build my mine. Hired a welder to put it together.

How does it cook? Are you satisfied with the amount of smoke on the food? How tall is your smoke stack? I just purchased a 250 and I'm not getting the amount of smoke on my food I like. Barely any. I'm wondering if my stack is too short.

She's cooking really well! Check it out...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky