250 Gallon Offset with Folding Smoke Stack

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BourbonBladesBarbecue

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
Started this project in April 2019 after watching Aaron Franklin's build on PBS. As much as possible, I've been trying to model it after his. My experience in metal working prior to this was zero. As of this post, I'm still building it in my spare time and enjoy learning at every turn.

Taking initial measurements...

May I suggest, taking a look at our tutorial about building a smoker....

Thank you! Will check it out...

Finishing the build by attaching the firebox, setting the tank on skids, adding the thermometer and grease drain...

So happy to be done!

Reactions: fivetricks
Finishing the build by attaching the firebox, setting the tank on skids, adding the thermometer and grease drain...

So happy to be done!

How does it cook? Are you satisfied with the amount of smoke on the food? How tall is your smoke stack? I just purchased a 250 and I'm not getting the amount of smoke on my food I like. Barely any. I'm wondering if my stack is too short.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky