21 Hour Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
hi, i just got through smoking an over 11 lb. pork butt...i started it yesterday about 10 am and smoked till about 11 lastnight,  it had barely reached 170 degrees ...i was cooking at 250 most of the time...so i took it out wrapped it and put it in the fredge till this morning...again i started around 10 am i put in the probe and it read 45 i was like omg  gonna take forever...soooooooooo i cooked it all day till about  3 pm it was at about 120 internal so i took that big sucker out and put it in the oven to finish it off. at about 8 tonight it hit 200 next time i will cut it in half are get a blow torch...lol....

sorry no pictures beside had i took them they would be faded out by now,  took so long...

Welcome to the SMF!

Took so long partly because you dropped it to fridge temps.  You probably weren't more that about 2 hours from finishing during the first round.  I've had butts and briskets take that long.  Once the meat gets to about 170* it moves off of the stall and climbs pretty quickly from there.

How did it shred after cooling and finishing the next day?

hi adio. it turned out pretty good, i used a made up rub of my own...i wasn't impressed with it...but i kept basting it and it turned out pretty good...i have had better  but i'm not sure the stopping staring hurt it all other then time...

ty alot buddy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky