2016 Michigan get together Fattie contest at the way out ranch. (Fowlerville Michigan) July 23rd

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sounds like a plan. What's your weekends in the fall look like? Maybe Robb and I will host something small here on the eastside.

Hey @HANDYMANSTAN, what's the recipe for the beans you made last weekend? My wife is not particularly fond of baked beans, but when I brought home yours and served them for lunch last Sunday, she said they were the best beans she'd ever eaten....
bravo.png

Last edited:
My fall weekend plans consist of a whole lot of duck hunting. Might be able to squeeze something in.

Sounds like a plan. What's your weekends in the fall look like? Maybe Robb and I will host something small here on the eastside.

Hey @HANDYMANSTAN, what's the recipe for the beans you made last weekend? My wife is not particularly fond of baked beans, but when I brought home yours and served them for lunch last Sunday, she said they were the best beans she'd ever eaten....
bravo.png
Each pan had 3 cans of beans one can crushed pineapple one pound bacon.  1/2 sweet onion 1 bell pepper 1 TB garlic sweated in bacon grease. 1/2 cup brown sugar 1 cup BBQ sauce.  One pan had 10 red serrano peppers in it too.  Smoked for three hours,  IT about 175* 

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
I woke Jigg up out of that chair at 4am Robb! We went into the house and drank until 6am!

Well... Egg on my face. Due to a computer virus I have missed out on all the updates for this event. I had planed on coming since got the original invite but for some reason thought the event was in August. I just check to confirm the date and bam. This is really disappointing to me for the fact I was looking to meet some new people that have the same interests as I do. Sorry I missed it. Looks like you guy’s had a great time. I own Motor City Smokers and was looking to show off my smokers, meat some friends, smoke some meat, and drink some beers. I’ll be set up on Main Street at the Brighton barbecue and blues festival September 9[sup]th[/sup] and 10[sup]th[/sup]. Come out and see us. I would love to get to know the smokers and grillers in the area.

Shame you didn't make it out Nelson smoker. We had A lot of people this year. Multiple people camped out in campers and rv's. This event is growing. Good place to show off your custom smokers.

Next years 4th annual Fattie contest is July 22nd. Save the date. We had 20 fatties this year hoping for 25 next year.

And yes Michigan members group that was the announcement. Next years Fattie contest is July 22nd. Date is up early so mark it on your calanders! We picked the date early so people could plan around it.

Your welcome to come Pork boss. I believe the unofficial date is July 22nd next year. Things could change but as of now that's the date for the 4th annual fowlerville fattie contest.

Is it possible to get a run down on the fattie that were turned in? Make up, categories, recipes? what were the prizes besides that gargantuan check, (hope Farmer didn't spend it all in one place!)? Since I live in Howell, I've got '17's on the calendar!

I couldn't tell you all the fatties that were entered.

Last year 1st place was a bunch of meat from my buddies company Fowlerville Pork Producers and 2nd place was a package from amazn smokers.

I couldn't tell you all the fatties that were entered.

Last year 1st place was a bunch of meat from my buddies company Fowlerville Pork Producers and 2nd place was a package from amazn smokers.
Thanks for the update. I'm definitely planning on attending this year's event! Sounds like a blast.

It's a good time bahfotl. We had 20 fatties entered last year and maybe 75 people attend. This isn't some huge professional contest it's all for fun and was started by myself and a few guys I met on these forums.

We had 6 entrees the first year so it's grown every year. Event is family friendly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky