1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

2014 North Florida Gathering April 4,5,6

Discussion in 'Events' started by pineywoods, Dec 16, 2013.

1. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Crawfish still over $100 a sack . So 86 the mudbugs, Going to bring boudin and fry boudin balls , We missed last year because of sherries back problems. I think she is more excited than i am about making the trip .

2. dougmays

dougmays Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Hey guys...sorry i've been awol from this thread. things have been crazy busy with work and the new house. I"m not going to make it up there after all because i have to be back down here saturday afternoon...it would be 6 hours of driving round trip for only about 12-14 hours of time to hang out with y'all. 

Next year i'm gonna make it work! 

Have a great time and i'll be watching the pics!

3. millerbob

millerbob Newbie

Will I have any problems getting this 40 foot 5th wheel in the gathering?

4. eman

you will need to use the back gate i think , talk to piney woods about that

5. pineywoods

pineywoods SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

If all this rain stops it won't be a problem I sent you directions and there's 32' of open gate coming in that way

6. bamafan

bamafan Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Ok it's getting time. I have started filling up the garage floor with stuff to bring. Made a batch of rub for the wings and packed some hell dust for a few select folks (it's not as hot as yours Bob).  Less than a week!

7. eman

Friday Night Supper                                                                                                                         Got 6 lbs of cooked chicken 6+ lbs sausage big bag okra and some good chicken stock, Gumbo time.

Ham bone w/ about 2 " of meat 6 lbs of red beans get some of tim's andoullie and we got red beans n rice. 5 gallon bags of rice and will be making 2 big pans of cornbread

If someone wants to grab a few bags of frozen corn i can make some sweet n spicy corn on the cob,

Taste like corn boiled w/ shrimp or crawfish.

Bringing 1/2 and full size foil pans, qt freezer bags ,

will pick up 8 - 10 lbs uncased boudin for boudin balls .

Sat snacks will be onion rings , hush puppies and boudin balls.

ANY THING ELSE??????

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  8. JckDanls 07

JckDanls 07 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

That's all ????

What's everybody else gonna eat ?? as for the corn... do you want whole ears or the little shorties ?? and about how many ??? (I'll get em) ...

Getting close now... bringing the camper up front tomorrow to start loading up... I'm ready for a little vacation ...

9. bamafan

Nice. Now I want it to start tonight! Work sucks! See everyone shortly.

10. eman

around 75 of the lil short ears .  I got the crab boil and i think i know someone who may have some honey???

11. JckDanls 07

OK.. you got it ...

12. bamafan

Both shrimp pots are loaded in the truck Bob. I know I can't forget them now!

13. pineywoods

pineywoods SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

You could forget the truck [​IMG]   [​IMG]

14. JckDanls 07

HE HEEEE.. he does seem to have that "Old Timers Disease".. doesn't he....

What's the weather forecast for the weekend up there Jerry ??

15. pineywoods

16. bkbuilds

bkbuilds Fire Starter

Nice rig, mines 36'... couldn't imagine pulling another 4'.

Nice truck too =)

17. dougmays

-- Edited --

Holy #$%

I've been thinking the Gathering was this past weekend all along...big boo boo on my part

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  18. bkbuilds

bkbuilds Fire Starter

NP man =)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  19. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

You gonna make it

20. dougmays

HAHA! I"m gonna try! since i thought it had already happened i made plans to goto a beer fest here in town, but haven't bought my ticket yet :)