2 Hour Recipes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matt zad, Aug 13, 2014.

1. matt zad

matt zad Fire Starter

I thought this might be a good topic. What are some of your good 2 hr recipes? I was looking around for something to make for dinner tonight in the smoker and I couldnt find anything through the search field. Most of the things I know that only take a couple hours are snacks like ABTs and Pork Candy. Anyone have some goto main meal recipes that can be completed in a couple hours?

2. Chicken!!!   Marinade of your choice.  Usually done in 2 hours. 

Scott

domerskee likes this.
  3. mdboatbum

mdboatbum Master of the Pit OTBS Member

+1 on the chicken. Also a reverse seared steak can be done in time. Pork tenderloins are quick too. Just get the temp up in your smoker and lots of things can be done in under 2 hours.

4. swoodze

swoodze Fire Starter

I have done chicken, hamburgers, and sausages by smoking them first then just throwing them on a hot grill to finish them off and give them the crisp skin.

5. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Crank the smoker up to 350F and a 3-4 pound meatloaf will be at 165F IT in less than two hours.

swoodze likes this.
  6. Oh yes I second the meatloaf as well.  I have actually done meatloaf at 250 and had them done in 2 hours.  Instead of making a huge loaf you could make individual meatloaves for each person.....and you could customize the toppings to suit each person!!!

Scott

swoodze likes this.
  7. swoodze

swoodze Fire Starter

Ok the meat loaf sounds good my brother made the meatloaf Jeff sent out in the news letter a few weeks ago. it was awesome. I think this is what I want to make when I get home from work tonight.

8. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

You'll enjoy the Meatloaf , send Q-view of your meal...

Stan

9. matt zad

matt zad Fire Starter

Meatloaf sounds really good. I'll have to do that next week.

I ended up just grilling up a couple of steaks with veggies last night.

10. robitaillere2

robitaillere2 Fire Starter

The meatloaf on the Newsletter was awesome.... the second time. The first time I didn't make the meat into the long rolls like the Newsletter suggested and it didn't get the flavor all the way through like it did the second time. Keep them skinny and they are awesome!