1st Year Anniversary -" Ham-Cured Rib Ring filled with Loaded Mashed Potatoes"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
OMG David that's crazy ! And suitable for framing ! Such creativity flowing through your mind and amazing cook, preparation and presentation! Can't wait till next Jan lol

Keith

Thanks Keith for the comment

It was cool to do , had the rib idea in my mind , but took a while to
figure what I wanted to fill it with, that would cook right

David

Reactions: 912smoker
Happy anniversary David! I'm not alone in thinking by next year you will be OTBS, your cooks and contributions to the forum have been stellar! On top of all that you seem to be a pretty nice individual, been a pleasure getting to know you, look forward to more of your posts. RAY

Happy anniversary David! I'm not alone in thinking by next year you will be OTBS, your cooks and contributions to the forum have been stellar! On top of all that you seem to be a pretty nice individual, been a pleasure getting to know you, look forward to more of your posts. RAY

Wow Ray , Thanks for the like and the comment

That is very nice of you to say, and I thank you very much for the compliment, that is very nice of you to say.

This place is full of great folks. i am glad to be part of this community of very helpful and friendly people.
I am just being me, if I can help someone thats great , and when I need help, I know someone here would surely help me.

I love to cook, and this last year I am glad I found I new way to express it , with lots of help from SMF

David

Reactions: sawhorseray
Dang man that is really cool! I can see that becoming a thing at parties now.....I mean ribs and potato's what else makes for a perfect plate! Very nice work!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Dang man that is really cool! I can see that becoming a thing at parties now.....I mean ribs and potato's what else makes for a perfect plate! Very nice work!

Thanks civil for the like and the comment.

It was fun to do and I know I will be doing this again. And the mashed were great gone this way

David

Reactions: civilsmoker
I can never find plate ribs like that around me I can find beef short ribs, always cut into separate ribs and usually only about 4" or so I can never find a slab like that. They are good but quite different from the ones you did. Really would love to try that cut if I could ever find it!

1643211993282.png
1643212296432.png

You are right in the Costcos I checked in Mass. they do not carry
But the Walmarts I checked had lots of different kinds and cuts , here is a St. Louis Style
and more
at Saugus MA

Hope you find some to try

David

View attachment 523474 View attachment 523475

You are right in the Costcos I checked in Mass. they do not carry
But the Walmarts I checked had lots of different kinds and cuts , here is a St. Louis Style
and more
at Saugus MA

Hope you find some to try

David
well I just realized I responded to the wrong post! I meant to add my comment to a post about beef plate ribs! I can find pork ribs St. Louis and baby backs no problem! Sorry about that!

well I just realized I responded to the wrong post! I meant to add my comment to a post about beef plate ribs! I can find pork ribs St. Louis and baby backs no problem! Sorry about that!

no problem

David

Neat idea with the ribs, David, reminds me of a crown roast. WAY back in the day when I worked in the meat department for Winn Dixie, we'd get several requests around the holidays for crown roasts made out of either pork or lamb loins, but have never thought of making one out of spare ribs or back ribs. A++ for creativity and presentation...

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Neat idea with the ribs, David, reminds me of a crown roast. WAY back in the day when I worked in the meat department for Winn Dixie, we'd get several requests around the holidays for crown roasts made out of either pork or lamb loins, but have never thought of making one out of spare ribs or back ribs. A++ for creativity and presentation...

Thanks Charles for the wow and the comment

Yes it looks like a crown roast, but it just kind
of came together in my head what to make with
the ribs and than figure what to fill them with,
that would heat up without messing up the ribs.

Worked out great , but have to figure a better way to cook ribs all ready tied as , they were a little hard to roll and tie before stuffing.

I think I can make a tube out of a cookie cooling wire rack/screen

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky