1st time making pasta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks good, I'd also recommend getting one of those ravioli presses!
Ravioli's can be amazing.
Spinach and ricotta stuffing with a sage burnt butter is tasty!
Thanks you. Oh yeah! Zippy turned me on to that press too lol. Have a 10 ravioli press setting on the table.

Reactions: smokin peachey
Haven't seen him around in awhile and I had forgot about him. What happened to him?

Pasta looks fantastic!!
Zipper took a different job with a Government Agency (something with computer security big brother monitoring I believe) and is doing well. Still cooking a lot of quality stuff. He may attend the Florida get together as he has family in the area. There is another event that’s close to him also but can’t recall specifically.

Reactions: smokin peachey
That looks delicious. I want to try pasta too. Maybe when I retire. Good job!

Dadnabbit! I am retired. I have been wanting to try making my own pasta for a while since every food show, chef or online video keeps claiming how much better home made pasta that store bought. flatbroke flatbroke post took me over the edge. I now have a 5 piece deluxe kit for our mixer. I am sure I will be posting soon on how great home made pasta is.

kitchenade_5_piece_deluxe_set.jpg

Dadnabbit! I am retired. I have been wanting to try making my own pasta for a while since every food show, chef or online video keeps claiming how much better home made pasta that store bought. flatbroke flatbroke post took me over the edge. I now have a 5 piece deluxe kit for our mixer. I am sure I will be posting soon on how great home made pasta is.

View attachment 667475
Outstanding!!

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Looks great, I bought a kit to use with the KA mixer years ago that extrudes the noodles, it worked really well but I found out within a few weeks of purchase I was diabetic and near death, anything white and tasty came to a screeching halt, best I remember 4 minutes of a lite boil and it was ready to eat, fresh really is better than dried imo.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Looks great and a very nice meal for your best friend ( wife )

I have never really got into the pasta making yet, maybe down the road .

hope your wife makes a fast recovery.:emoji_angel::emoji_angel:

David
Thank you.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
All of that looks REALLY good. Welcome to a new addiction and kudos to you for taking care of the wife. There's a lot to be said for that...like respect and a happy home :emoji_wink: Very well done and now you have me getting ready to get the pasta machine out. I have the same one you do. The only difference is that I use all Seminola flour....only because that's what the person who guided me through the process uses and I trust him without doubt where Italian food is concerned.

Robert

Reactions: flatbroke
Great job. I got into making my own a few years ago. I have a cheep noodle machine which drives me nuts with the handle always falling out but it does the job. Since I don't make noodles every week I don't think I will upgrade to a better unit.
I did try my hand at making ramen noodles. Now that is something that takes some time to learn. Followed the this guy. He has a couple of series on ramen noodles. Also one on dry pasta.

Reactions: flatbroke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky