1st pork belly!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

88nitro305

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
C653CD71-FFF6-4EA8-A606-315655866F0A.jpeg
F787A6D3-EA4E-4061-9EF0-996575D7D0F2.jpeg
Found a 3.5lb pork belly slab in my freezer so decided to try it out today. Running a tad behind but I think I can make up the time. Gonna run it at 225-250 until she is tender throughout and have it on rolls.

Think I know why.. I did the snake method but only with about 20 coals to start and I put them right on the edge so the others aren’t lighting fast enough.. I decided to stir them around and do the minion instead

That looks good. I really would like to try cooking one of these. May do it this weekend

Reactions: 88nitro305
Looks really good nitro, where did you find the pork belly? I haven't seen any around.

Point for sure.

Chris

The costco in St Louis has them as whole slabs and already sliced into strips about 1 1/2 wide

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky