1st Chuckie (Thanks Bearcarver!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dean,

This is the first time I'm seeing this. It almost got by me completely!

Great looking Chuckie!

Looks mighty tasty!

Thanks for showing, and for the nice comments,

Bear

Great Looking chuckie. If you want a spicier rub try adding a chipotle powder to your rub. It gives it a little kick and a little more smoky flavor. We really like here.

well its decided, I was going to do a pork butt on monday but im going to get two of these today.

Anyone tried to take one to say 180-190 and slice instead?  I may get two and try to not foil one and slice it.

looks good Dean. I've been inspired.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Bear - Your welcome and thank you again, it's all owed to you!

Coacher - Thanks for suggestion, I picked up some chipotle this afternoon and added to my rub for the brisket I'm throwing down on tomorrow night!

Strecker - If I hadn't already picked up this 13 lb brisket I'd have probably done a couple more chuckies myself.  Being my first one I can't say with experience on the slicing temp, however, I've read taking it to 190 - 195 is a good internal temp for slicing.

Smokinstevo - Thanks, it was a nice change up from pork and ribs every weekend.  I'm definitely going to do more of these.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky