1st Brisket tomorrow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man, that all looks amazing!

This is late to the party, but I always slather on mustard before I dust it with rub. I don't know if you're rocking latex gloves (I bought a box of a couple hundred non-latex examination gloves at Sam's for about ten bucks), but they're a godsend for slathering on mustard (and handling raw meat in general). I put a glove on my left hand to slather and squirt the mustard with the right hand. That also leaves my right hand free and uncontaminated to dust the meat with the rub. It's way easier to toss out a glove or two than it is to have to wash your hands every time you touch the meat, you know?

great lookin' grub
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I was going to give you my 2 cents worth, but dude you don't need it. looking good my man. I mean it looks REALLY GOOD!!!!!

Thanks all.. Like someone mentioned early in the post you will not taste any mustard, they were right.. You would not even know I rubbed the brisket down before the dry rub.
I will be trying the seared brisket method next.. I love the bark on the meat, I had some on the bottom on this BBQ but would think you will get more with a sear first? I could be wrong here...
All pointers are welcome, I keep notes on most of my BBQ's and there is almost always room for improvement and I'm up to trying new ways of doing things.. Being fairly new to this, pretty much everything is new.
icon_smile.gif

I've never heard of searing first. Would that interfere with smoke absorption?

EDIT: never mind, I saw the sticky at the top!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky