1st brisket smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jake1115

Original poster
May 27, 2018
So I am smoking my 1st brisket today on my Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker. 5.2 lb brisket flat. After 6 hours internal temp reached 170. I wrapped in 2 layers of unlined butcher paper. Since wrapping, about 30 minutes, internal temp has dropped to 161 and stayed there. Is that normal after wrapping?

Yes it took some heat out of the meat and smoker it will catch back up

Yes it can Al, as I'm learning. I've done a bunch of pork butts and chicken and what not, brisket is a while different animal. More time for beer!!

Sorry for the late response fellas, the finished product was not exactly perfect. I think my internal probe is a bit off so it dried out a little bit. It tasted ok but was a little dry, which I expected, there wasn't much for on it. Not bad for my first atrempt!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky