1st bone in butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

showlandy

Original poster
Oct 24, 2009
Ohh boy.. got a 3lb bone in butt in the fridge with the mustard and the rub all up in it!! I cant wait to get this thing on the grille for dinner tomorrow...is there anything I should be ready for? I see that most of these things are alot heavier (8lbs) than the one I just bought..... just the wife and I and I didnt want to pay alot if I jack up the first one... any advice is most welcomed... btw using a brinkmann smoke and grille horizontal...

thanks

showlandy

Depends if you are slicing or pulling, seems a bit small for pulling though. It will shrink about 40%, at best.

You can pull it like you said it's only you and the wife. Does your plan include wrapping it in foil at about 170 and then taking it to about 200-205 and then does it also say to put it in a dry cooler for an hour atleast. So if it does you two should be enjoying a wonderful dinner of your first one of many pulled pork. ok so you are well on your way to a great smoke so don't forget your game plan and the Qview.
PS the Qview is very important.

My post didnt say that... but it does now!! thanks for the knowledge and insight!!!

its been in the smoker for 3+ hours now... looks good... having a hard time with the temp level and smoke.... I have taken pics but alas, cannot find the proper cable at this moment to load... my wife has taken to the grocery to gather dinner before the dinner if you know what I mean... anybody out there know how to best regulate the temp over time in the brinkmann horizontal.. I promise pics when I find said cable..... thanks.... HUNGRY!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky