1st beef ribs (and chicken too with pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cornman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
South central PA
So I found a pack of beef ribs on clearance the other week for $3 and picked them up to try smoking them...never did beef ribs before.

I also had a pack of chicken legs around and thought they might make a nice complement to the ribs so they were prepped as well. The ribs were rubbed down with SPOG, the legs had McCormick’s BBQ rub. Both went into the WSM with one hickory and apple chunk.

A few hours later, they were ready to take off.

A1F8A547-367C-45AA-9AC9-69F7790E3013.jpeg

The chicken legs came out their usual goodness, but the real test this time around were the beef ribs. They smelled great, and looked even better when I started to cut them up.

88C4F349-F780-4AAA-B982-2469269F5DE4.jpeg

A little instant stuffing and we had a filling meal after working outside all afternoon. The ribs had a great flavor but the meat was minimal (I guess that’s what you get for clearance ribs). Now that I know what smoked beef ribs are like, I’ll be keeping a closer eye out for them.

7BFE5781-F963-4FE1-BF4D-C4736E3B8614.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

All of it looks darn good. I did some beef ribs the other day also. Wasnt a lot of meat on them either. I tell ya I have no shame in looking in the reduced meat section at the grocery. Found some good deals there.
Jim

looks great! I'd gladly sit down to a plate of that!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky