15lbs of pepper bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meddling kids

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Pasadena, MD
We were running low on bacon so it was time to stock up. I went on vacation to Hawaii but before I left I put a belly in Pop's brine. Two weeks later I pulled it out, covered in coarse black pepper and smoked for 36 hours with Apple dust in my amnps. I also through a bunch of cheese in with it. Here's a few pics:
GALLERY]

Looks great! I've been trying to find away to make the brine time go faster and I think you nailed it by going to Hawaii. Alaska would probably work as well.

Nice looking Bacon!!!

Nice Job!!

I wouldn't mind spending a week in Hawaii.

The 54 weeks I spent there in '69 and '70 was just TOO long.

I'll take the mountains before the beaches.

Bear

I must say that is fine looking bacon. I have yet to try pepper bacon. Does the pepper flavour get right into the meat?

Disco

Thanks everyone. We went to Kauai as well this time. I love the pepper bacon. It gets just enough pepper flavor into the meat and the pepper holds the smoke flavor too. Really good chopped into chunks and cooked with potatoes. My wife loves sweet stuff. Last time I made maple and pepper and she was surprised to find she liked the pepper flavor better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky