150 Pound Turkey Smoke

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by mossymo, Nov 17, 2007.

1. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Marty........why the low temps?

d88de

2. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

d88de
    It is how I have always smoked turkey..... takes longer but the finished product speaks for itself.

3. minn.bill

minn.bill Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

wow ,thats all i can say[​IMG]

4. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

MossyMo, that is one great looking smoker you've riigged up. Those folks should really thank you for the great bird they're getting. Speaking of getting... any wild turks seeing your pictures will certainly be getting out of season, like NOW!

5. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice smoker Mossy!! Looking forward to pictures of the finished birds.[​IMG]

6. cajun_1

cajun_1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Well ???????????? No word lately

7. walking dude

cajun.....when i called marty earlier today.........he said they would prob take 14-16 hours..........he got the smoker, after putting the birds in, up to temp, bout 10..........so its goiong to be LATE when he pulls the birds off........due to his low temps..............

d88de

8. cajun_1

Thanks d8de ( can't spell d88de till after tomorrow [​IMG] ) Was hoping that he might have taken a little peek.... [​IMG]

9. walking dude

LOLOLOL......some one who got it...............but race is done......season is done....... its EIGHTY EIGHT.........

d88de

10. cajun_1

Season is not over till tomorrow... It's a shame about his transmission today, putting him at the rear of the pack. Yea...his season sucked this year. We won't see him again till Feb 7th of next year. I'm already having withdrawls..What am I gonna do till then???? [​IMG]

11. mossymo

After they had been smoked my mother stopped by and picked up her 2 birds and took them home to oven them. Been slowly moving the birds to the oven at 250º here at home also, don't feel like being up till all hours of the morning just to have to debone and package. So far 4 birds are done and one is being deboned right now. Have friends on their way over to debone their 2 birds also. The taste is excellent, should have plenty of sandwich meat for winter !!! Mmmm, hot smoked turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes 'n gravy !!!

12. walking dude

the man can't get a engine half of the time to finish the race........such a shame.........least he knows hedrick builds good motors

d88de

yeah........forgot......this IS saturday.....hangover from the LOUSY IOWA HAWKEYE FOOTBALL GAME............

d88de

13. cajun_1

Or hot turkey sammies .... uuuuummmm good. Thanks Mossy.

14. walking dude

mossy you CHEATER............SHAME ON YOU

hehehe

d88de

15. mossymo

d8de
    That ain't cheating, that is finishing !!!

Here is a pic of the end result, turned out excellent.....
    [​IMG]

16. walking dude

take pics when you slice it...........let us see the smoke ring.........YUM

d88de

17. bigarm's smokin

bigarm's smokin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hey Marty, looks great. [​IMG] When I do a bird like that, the skin is much browner than your birds, I wonder why? edit, Dumb me, its not too much sugar in the rub, nor thick gray smoke.

18. walking dude

cause he CHEATED.......and finished in the oven........CHEATER

neener neener neener

LMAO

d88de

19. bigarm's smokin

bigarm's smokin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Well sir, I'm sure your right. Tanya told me that he usually browns meat with his weed burner. [​IMG][​IMG]

20. walking dude

LOLOL

d88de