150 gallon reverse flow trailer build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
20180818_153711.jpg
20180818_153711.jpg

I have a question about propane pressure i installed 1/2 inch pipe put a regulator on the tank think it was 10 psi had no pressure to run the double burner. so then i ran no regulator from the tank and put regulator at the stove and it does have a 10 psi regulator as soon as you light the burner it has a lot of btu then the pressure drops and the flame dies to the point you couldn't fry french fries was wondering why the flow drops and does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advanced for your input.

Log lighter seems to be fine nice blue flame but double burner is not doing what i need it to do

Not at home so cant provide pic but I had similar problems with a dual burner setup for my crawfish/ shrimp boiling rig. Because of the different burner designs, one wide open and one restricted because of flame disk, I came to the conclusion that it provided too much back pressure to the regulator. I teed at the tank and put 2 separate regulators with 2 separate needle valves for burners to run independent of each other. Solved problem immediately for me.
Good job by the way. It looks great. I am in the process of building a similar rig with exact same size cc. Might have future questions for you. Hope I was some help to you.

Not at home so cant provide pic but I had similar problems with a dual burner setup for my crawfish/ shrimp boiling rig. Because of the different burner designs, one wide open and one restricted because of flame disk, I came to the conclusion that it provided too much back pressure to the regulator. I teed at the tank and put 2 separate regulators with 2 separate needle valves for burners to run independent of each other. Solved problem immediately for me.
Good job by the way. It looks great. I am in the process of building a similar rig with exact same size cc. Might have future questions for you. Hope I was some help to you.
Going to try putting the regulator back straight to tank and see if i still have same problem i am guessing the regulator must b be having a problem. I am willing to help with any questions you have.

Got some primer on the bottom half yesterday.Trying to beat the rain that is coming.

After 2 weeks of rain finally got a second coat of primer on the bottom half .Going to have my warped pit door rolled next week .Then I can finish the pit and paint it then get the trailer painted red. Can't wait till it's done

Finally got primer on top and got my door rolled straight by atlas metal works in Dallas . Its been impossible to work with all the rain we have gotten. Deer season here so maybe I'll get this dude finshed by the first of the yeat
20181103_081203.jpg

I know some propane tanks have safety valves in them.. if you turn the tank valve on to fast it will think there is an open line and have no back pressure which in turn kicks in the safety valve and you will only get very little pressure... try just cracking the valve and let it build up pressure before opening all the way ... worth a shot ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky