12 inch A-Maze-N-tube-smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

olsmokey

Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
Arizona
I just got a new 12 inch tube smoker.  Was wondering if it would work ok if I did not fully load the tube for shorter smokes?  the 12 in says 12 inch smokes approx. 4 hours on 3/4 lb of pellets.  could I do 1/2 lb for 3 hours or so.  would it burn ok?

Sure you can! I fill it half way and then shake it to allow the pellets to reach the length of the tube. This way the pellets are the length of the tube but only half the height.

Sure you can! I fill it half way and then shake it to allow the pellets to reach the length of the tube. This way the pellets are the length of the tube but only half the height.
yeahthat.gif
  Yep...I do the same thing.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky