Étouffée

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks delicious!
A lot of work, but it sure looks like it would be worth it!
Nicely done!
Al
Thank you, Al. It really just looks like a lot of work and making the stock is time consuming, but this can be made with store bought seafood stock, I'm sure. Once the stock is made, the rest goes fairly quickly...

I didn't really look at the crawfish package before I got it home, but figured with a name like Boudreaux's, it had to be the real deal, but it is Walmart and I should've known better, product of China.
Yeah....I saw the Made in China and it made me shutter. I think it is criminal to name Chinese crawfish "Boudreaux's". False association.

It's all about price. Chinese crawfish are 1/2-1/3 the price of Louisiana Crawfish, and I will gladly pay for Louisiana Crawfish every time.

Glad you gave etouffee a go, it looks good.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Yeah....I saw the Made in China and it made me shutter. I think it is criminal to name Chinese crawfish "Boudreaux's". False association.

It's all about price. Chinese crawfish are 1/2-1/3 the price of Louisiana Crawfish, and I will gladly pay for Louisiana Crawfish every time.

Glad you gave etouffee a go, it looks good.
Thank you for the compliments and the link to the real deal crawfish. As for the etouffee, my Cajun buddy Mike said that the color is a personal thing. He made it dark, even darker than I did.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky