Yep another Chuck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 2, 2017
Messed up state of California
Ok last eve after a sv @136 for 36 hours I pan grilled up this rather thin chuck. Side of one hassendack potato, spiced with rosemary, thyme,garlic, butter and salt along with a tossed green salad with catlina dressing.

Attachments

• chuck1b.JPG
    chuck1b.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 44
  • chuck1c.JPG
    chuck1c.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 42
Looks really good kit, unfortunately I still can't wrap my head around cooking a hunk of meat for 36 plus hours. Heck I don't even know what I want to eat that far in advance.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks really good kit, unfortunately I still can't wrap my head around cooking a hunk of meat for 36 plus hours. Heck I don't even know what I want to eat that far in advance.

Point for sure
Chris
LOL half the time I don't know either. Ya, took me awhile to adjust to the sv stuff, but it sure makes a more consistent meat cook and tender to boot so you have cuts that would need a lot of time on the cooker so why not do the same in a controlled environment? Figuring out time for the sv is the biggest problem I have.

Looks great! This has inspired me to try 36hrs. It is pretty odd no doubt. For me, SV beef is all about multi day process and well suited for Sunday dinner. IE Wed-Thur prep roast. Inject, brine, etc and then vac seal. Fri prep SV. Early Sat AM fire it up. Eat Sunday. 24hrs is much easier to manage tho.

Reactions: kit s
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky