Wings!! Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beautiful; work on both the Smoker, and the wings!  Obviously well worth the effort and a source of great pride.

first.gif

Nice wings Wes, and even nicer set-up. I shouda done that when we had our outdoor fireplace built last spring. Looks awesome! Nothing says "I'm serious about smoking" like encasing it in stone! lol

About the person that suggested you had a pizza oven...looking at the picture near the top of this thread, you have two towers. Your avatar shows the one on the right. I, too, thought at first that the tower on the left was possibly a pizza oven.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is it for? Is it a fireplace? Wat's the recessed arched area above the log...just for looks, or for some kind of functionality?

Whatever it is, it all looks great!!!

Thanks for the kind words.   Bob, the one one the  left is a fireplace.   Until I get a deck build (which my be a while)  I use it to keep warm while smoking.  The arch is just for looks.  I wanted something more then just a plain brick front.   I'd like to have a brick oven.  I think it would look good out on the end of what I have.  A lot more cost involved with a brick oven. 

I pretty proud of my wings.  Everyone should try them.  There not hard and a nice snack while doing a all day smoke.   After 2 hours just watch them.  A word of advice.  Its better to have a lower temp then one to high with wings.  In the last 30 or so min. of cooking don't let your temp stay at 250 for any time period, I promise you, when  you open the door they will be burnt up!  :-)     There cheaper then restaurant and 10 times better

Wes

ty for the reply.

that rig is inspirational.......i made an in-ground fire pit......thinking about modifying that as an indirect smoker.

Thank you Gunny.   I am jealous of all you folks that have these nice portable rigs.  I'd love to have one, but one can only dream. 

Wes

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky