Above the Border Thanksgiving, Little Pork ,Bird and sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
First off I want to wish all our Canadian friends and members no mater where you are, a Happy Thanksgiving 2023

So this was a little get together for some of the family ( well most are now living here so not a long drive for them this year )
And a wish you were here to a couple family that we lost in the last couple months. always missed at our table now.

So just 6 of us for Our Canadian Thanksgiving, we did on Sunday.
I cooked a 9 pound ham, Small Chicken and 6 sausage links jalapeno and cheese .

Cooked the ham couple hours before, sliced and made a pineapple sauce to bake again an hour or so later, on the Q
Smoked a chicken, rubbed with Lemon Herb and added summer savory, smoked with mesquite and hickory...oh the smells
( When chicken cooled enough to cut, i sliced and prepped for the Q oven also )
Sliced up the sausages , added sliced bell peppers and onions , let them cook in the waiting Q

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

4.JPG 5.JPG

7.JPG 8.JPG 6.JPG

Once the potatoes , corn and the gravy from the smoked chicken juices and the pineapple sauce from the ham juices was ready I brought in the meats from the BBQ

10.JPG
11.JPG

Did up my plate , must have the mashed with the lemon smoked chicken gravy, what a nice flavour. And yes I had all 3 meats on my plate, even though I was picking all afternoon .

12.JPG

For Robert tx smoker tx smoker ,and Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 and all the other close up fans

13.JPG

And my sweetheart made me an apple pie and topped it with a touch of cinnamon sugar, Well sir it was perfect.
( i also had to have my sample of Pumpkin pie )

14.JPG

All loved the different mix of foods instead of a turkey this year, will have that for Xmas.

Gave thanks to everything we have and a sad toast to those not with us this year.

Well that was our little holiday get together, everyone was full and happy and the 2 folks not living here went home with supper for the next day, which I guess is now today,

Thanks for following to the end

Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday

David

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 7
Happy Thanksgiving! Man that meal from beginning to end is right in my wheelhouse!
Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

It was a good meal and Mona let me add some spicy items and a smoked Chicken for me and anyone that might want to try them.
As long as I made the ham and potatoes normal she was ok with it. lol See I told her who the boss was .... Yes Dear :emoji_wink::emoji_wink:

They did try the sausages , most said too spicy, which really not , but if you don't like spice maybe so then.
Everyone loved the smoked juicy lemon herb chicken, they could not believe how moist the white meat was.

And then there was pie..

David

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Happy Thanks giving my friend!! Such an amazing looking meal. Kinda makes me want to travel a bit and enjoy 2 Thanks giving meals every year :emoji_laughing: Beautiful job all around and there must have been some really happy people sitting down to that meal.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Happy Thanks giving my friend!! Such an amazing looking meal. Kinda makes me want to travel a bit and enjoy 2 Thanks giving meals every year :emoji_laughing: Beautiful job all around and there must have been some really happy people sitting down to that meal.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the comment

I appreciate the Thanks

Was a nice meal with the family folks, and all were full and happy. we do more of a buffet with these meals instead of fancy.

That's is the smart way cross the borders for the official 2 Thanksgiving kind of year, lol

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky