Triple Pork Jambalaya

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

navigator

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 11, 2007
Ashland, WI
Whipped up a quick batch of Jambalaya today.
I used some boneless country style ribs I had smoked over the weekend and some sausages from Wayne Jacob's Smokehouse in Laplace, LA (good stuff!)

These are close estimations, no measuring was done except on the rice.
I browned the sausages and pork in a dutch oven then removed it, added bacon grease and and sauteed the holy trinity, added everything to the pot but the rice and brought it up to a boil, then stirred in the rice and covered and simmered for 20 minutes. Turned it over so the rice was on top and covered it and turned the fire off. I let it rest covered for 30 minutes and stirred it once more and checked the seasoning and we dug in!

2 cups Long Grain White Rice
1.5 lb Home Smoked Country Style Ribs
1.5 lb Smoked Sausage (Wayne Jacob's Smokehouse)
1.5 lb Smoked Andouille (Wayne Jacob's Smokehouse)
32 oz Chicken Broth
2 Green Bell Peppers
2 Large Sweet Onions
2 Celery Hearts
1 T Granulated Garlic
1 14.5oz Can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
Creole Seasoning to Taste
Louisiana Hot Sauce
Black Pepper
Oak Smoked Salt (Wayne Jacob's Smokehouse)
2 T Bacon Grease to Sauté Holy Trinity
Paprika
Basil, Oregano and Rosemary
1 Bay Leaf
1 T Worcestershire Sauce

NzVtg5eh.jpg

kaKMrjch.jpg

ZGgtMrIh.jpg

jTU3Y3Ph.jpg

zXuMOARh.jpg

JVcjaEbh.jpg

64NuXqoh.jpg

Me no see any images? What gives - it sounds great.

Chris

Edit: Ok now I'm home and can see the images and everybodies correct it sure does look mighty good.

Point for sure.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky