top round and pork tenderloin compete

Discussion in 'Beef' started by thebarbequeen, Sep 4, 2010.

1. thebarbequeen

thebarbequeen Smoking Fanatic

Brined a pork tenderloin, then realized I need beef, too. Ran to costco and got a 4# top round roast (and a chocolate cake, but there ya go, it's costco).  Decided to treat 'em both the same. Rinsed the brine off the pork and mixed up a slurry of dijon, lots of chopped garlic, fresh rosemary, dried oregano, bit of worchestershire, italian seasonings, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Smeared over both meats, then sprinkled over more oregano, some old bay, paprika, more pepper, garlic powder, and a bit of my usual rub mix. In the cookshack set to 240, with a mix of cabernet and cherry chips. we'll see..  pulled the pork at 145, just as it jumped to 150. pulled the beef at 140. pretty. Both resting in foil, using tomorrow. The teenage son says "it smells like God up here".  well, ok, then, considering he's agnostic.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  2. dave54

dave54 Smoking Fanatic

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  3. rw willy

rw willy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I hope your not pulling a tenderloin!

Temps sound good to me.  What, no pics.

A teenager thats agnostic, sounds like he's to lazy to get up and go to Church.

(just having fun, nothing personel)

4. thebarbequeen

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  5. thebarbequeen

[​IMG]

6. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

wheres the cake?

7. thebarbequeen

[​IMG]

8. thebarbequeen

[​IMG]top round

9. thebarbequeen

didn't think to get a photo of it, but it was chocolate on chocolate and lots of frosting! we love those big costco cakes! (even when it's nobody's birthday)